Harambee is Swahili for “all pull together”. We would like you to join us, pulling together, to help the street children of Kenya. Thousands of children live on the streets after being orphaned by diseases like AIDS or because their parents are abusive or unable to care for them. Street children are vulnerable. They have no identity and often have to scavenge through rubbish tips for food.We provide safe houses in areas where young people are homeless. We ensure that each project has the right support before moving on to the next.
Since 1998, the founders of this charity have worked closely with Kenyan adults who have been supporting these young people in caring for their needs. This is not easy as many of the adults are living on the bread line themselves and have their own families to support.
We now have two safe houses. One in Kisii and one in Meru. We will ensure that each project is working well, with the right support, before moving on to others. These young people have been let down by adults all too often. Harambee for Kenya is not prepared to do them the same injustice.
Camp for Kenya 2021
Join us on September 11th 2021 to camp out and raising money for supporting street children in Kenya.
- Camp out for 24 hours, anything from Glamping to rough camping. It can be in your back garden or else where outside.
- If you want to challenge yourself further, survive on just £5.
- Challenge 5 other friends to do the same to encourage others to join you.
- To register follow and make a donation of £5 go to virginmoneygiving.com/fund/camp4kenya
- You can also get sponsorship form your friends and family by going to virginmoneygiving.com/fund/camp4kenya and click onto "start fundraising"
- Send up your photo and experiences on our face book page (Harambee for Kenya) or instagram (camp4kenya). Most of all have fun and know that every penny raised will help make a difference to a life.